Dreaming big! #fellowsipjourneystarts



Friends, mentors, comrades, co-enablers and countrymen!

It has been almost a month since I joined for the much acclaimed Gandhi Fellowship programme as a fellow for the batch 2016-18 by Kaivalya Education Foundation. So I just thought of sharing with you all, what my line of work is as a Gandhi Fellow. 

Currently I’m working with four schools – two English medium, one Hindi medium and one Gujarati medium - under the ‘Thane Municipal Corporation’, all of them being under-resourced. My role is to act as a support system for the schools as whole and work towards obtaining necessary resources for the school and improving the Student Learning Outcome (SLO) of the students of classes 3, 5 and 7 in the subjects of Language and Math.

Also, one of the main processes of the fellowship is ‘Community Immersion (CI)’, in which the fellow stays in a particular community for a month, studies the necessities and requirements of the community and initiate a public system project there based on his/her understanding. The fellow will have to undertake four such CIs during the fellowship curriculum.

None of my schools are equipped with basic resources such as a library or computer lab. Also, hygiene is a pretty common issue, as far as the schools and its premises are concerned. As a starting step, I’ll be working on basic hygiene and a library set up for my schools. Hence the main intention of making this post is to let you all know that I will be seeking your support in near future in terms of resources, ideas, time, connections, networks, etc. for the holistic development of my schools and also for the initiation of Public System Projects.

When I need help and I will, seek from you. Thank you. J

P.S: Those who wish to know more about the fellowship and its processes, ping me on any of my social media profiles or drop me a mail at ashik.krishnan@gandhifellowship.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year of RON Thrissur Chapter

To Fulfill their Potential

Pragat Shaikshanik Maharashtra