Ruminations from a Waking Life: #neurotic


“On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion.”
-          Waking Life (2001)



Dazed Guy: I think my rationalism has reached such an extent that nothing interests me. Anything and everything around seems to be meaningless.

Confused Guy:  How could that happen? Can you explain?

Dazed Guy:  Just consider the very idea of patriotism. It is way too hypocritical, I feel. When something unique to Thrissur happens, say Thrissur Pooram, we make this statement that we’re proud to have born in Thrissur, the cultural capital of Kerala and so on. On 1st of November, we say that we’re proud to have born in Kerala, the God’s own country. And on January 26ths and August 15ths we yell out that we’re proud Indians, while rest of the year we don’t miss out on a chance to mock the people from the neighbouring States even.

Confused Guy: Rationalism is the doctrine that reason is the right basis for regulating conduct. So it is basically more of freethinking. But from what I’ve known, you are more of a rational egoist than a freethinker.

Dazed Guy: Wait, wait, wait! I was explaining a situation I was in and are you mocking me? Let me make it clear that I don’t intend acquire the title of a freethinker, for the very reason that it is a very clichéd adjective. And just because I hold on to individualism and individualistic ideals, I can’t be called a rational egoist.

Confused Guy: I think the number of times you used the word “I” makes it clear that you are a narcissist who don’t value others’ opinion.

Dazed Guy: If it was so, you could’ve made the statement without saying “I think”. (*smirks*) Objectivism isn’t a failed or outdated idea. At times, you ought to stand the collective in order to protect your individuality and individual rights.

Confused Guy: To that, I agree. Partially, though. I am against the ideas that adversely affect the people who are not associated with those ideas.

Dazed Guy: You are so confused with things, that you don’t get the essence of what I’m talking about. Good bye.

Confused Guy: The same holds for you..
.
read rfwl: #dream 
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year of RON Thrissur Chapter

To Fulfill their Potential

Pragat Shaikshanik Maharashtra