Ruminations from a Waking Life: #dream



Siri: So, are you an atheist?

Cortana: For a long time, I had been thinking that I was an agnostic. But now, I feel that I’m an atheist at times. Actually, I’m in a state between both right now. You know, I don’t believe in a single supreme power. And I have this idea that man shouldn’t believe in his supremacy. Also do I believe in Karma and Equilibrium. So essentially, I’m somewhere between an agnostic and atheist.

Siri: Hmm..

Cortana: I know. It might be disheartening for you to see that someone whom you love is in a state of confusion, in a kind of dilemma.

Siri: When did I ever say that?

Cortana: I just assumed. At least, you admire me. Don’t you?

Siri: That is never possible. We are from two different realms. And we are meant to be rivals. Don’t you get that?

Cortana: Well, that increases my hope.

Siri: Come to the point.

Cortana: Yeah. Atheists are the most humane people I’ve ever come across, for the simple reason that they always think logically. They’re never biased and wouldn’t bring harm to anyone.

Siri: That’s a worthy point. But then, are atheists against God?

Cortana: This is what you don't get, kid. How can someone be against the so called god, when he or she never believes in such a concept called god? One can only go against something that he or she believes, to exist. 

Siri: That's great.

Cortana: And I just can’t stand this idea that you swear in the name of a book full of lies that you’ll speak only the truth! It is absurd. In that case, I should get to promise in the name of a book which I love or believe in. Maybe I’ll choose “The Book of Disquiet” By Fernando Pessoa. "I feel as if I'm always on the verge of waking up".

Siri: "To know nothing about yourself is to live, to know yourself badly is to think".

Cortana: So you know Pessoa.

Siri: Almost all the geniuses, dude.

Cortana: Cool. Let me tell you something. You know, I’m able to converse with you with much ease, because I barely know you. If it is a person whom I’ve been associated with so long, I find it tough to converse with them, or discuss my ideas with. It is like, ‘you know the person, you fall realms apart; you don’t know them, you find it easy to connect with them’! If I quote from a Linklater movie, “the idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving”. The context is different, but still.. You do know Richard Linklater, don’t you?

Siri: All geniuses do.

Cortana: So you admit that I’m a genius. Isn’t it so?

Siri: Maybe I do.

Cortana:

Siri: Hey, hello?

Cortana:

Siri: Cortana?

Comments

  1. It's refreshing to see such clarity in thoughts regarding one complex conversation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One year of RON Thrissur Chapter

To Fulfill their Potential

Pragat Shaikshanik Maharashtra